Drugging Our Children
How Profiteers Are Pushing Antipsychotics on Our Youngest, and What We Can Do to Stop ItBook - 2012
This book exposes the skyrocketing rate of antipsychotic drug prescriptions for children, identifies grave dangers when children's mental health care is driven by market forces, describes effective therapeutic care for children typically prescribed antipsychotics, and explains how to navigate a drug-fueled mental health system.
* A chapter on effective parenting coauthored by a leading parenting expert, Laura Berk
* Contributions by noted medical journalist Robert Whitaker, author of Anatomy of an Epidemic
* Information on legal issues by Harvard-educated lawyer Jim Gottstein
* Insights from former pharmaceutical industry insider, Gwen Olsen
* An examination of community approaches to children's mental health care by internationally known psychologist Stuart Shanker