The Essentials of Job Negotiations
Proven Strategies for Getting What You WantBook - 2011
Negotiating job packages is one of the trickiest tasks most people face in their professional lives-and everybody wants to know how to do it better. Filled with solid, accessible, research-backed advice, this book counters myths about job negotiations and maps the way to success.
* Specific tips and strategies at the end of each chapter
* More than 50 true stories that illustrate the art of negotiating job offers
* Worksheets for planning priorities and understanding the other side's objectives before negotiating, analyzing how to propose various issues in the negotiation, and comparing multiple offers
* A table on detecting lies
* A list of the top 10 "don'ts" for negotiation